Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 04, 2008

So the diagnosis was not correct, uh oh!

Got a call from our doctor yesterday letting us know that even though the "rapid test" was negative her culture came back positive for strep. We headed off to the pharmacy and she is now on antibiotics. I promise you cannot tell she is sick ~ her reaction to strep and mine are totally opposite but I am glad her reaction is what it is : ) I guess I need to call the Jump place (sorry about that) The good news is that Mia was already on antibiotics so she is fine after hanging out with the hugger!


Here is my "sick" girl Wednesday night when we went to catch the last night of lights at a local hotel. I had to include this picture because she is asking for money ~ yeah, look closely at her rubbing those fingers together. She is not shy and will ask pretty much anyone for some coins for the fountain

She enjoyed herself as usual ~ it is hard to see but there was a fountain show going on behind she and daddy in the second one and in the first one there is a waterfall behind her which she thought was pretty cool

Guess we are stuck at home a little longer while we all get better. Oh, and at some point today the hits on this blog will reach the 50,000 mark ~ will it be you?!

20 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

that happened when Ryan was a baby and someone told me he had shared a cup with a strep infected child. Its pretty common. I think its great to detect early before their little bodies are overcome with the bacteria, so I am so glad she never felt bad!!!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Yep, she looks real sick!! LOL
That picture of her asking for money is so cute!!

~Lynn

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Good thing they double check those tests.
My kids beg for money for fountains too....I'm not even sure they make wishes, they're just excited to throw the money in.

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

Well, I am so sad to hear you are both having strept, but SO GLAD that you are both now diagnosed. I hope you feel better!!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh no. :( I'm so sorry she has strep. That is so not fun, but I'm glad she is handling it OK. It's odd sometimes how kids react to illness. Once when Ava was about 18 months she had a fever that didn't go away but was otherwise just fine. We brought her in and she was diagnosed with pneumonia! We had no idea! She was acting normal with barely any cold symptoms. So strange.

And I love the picture of her asking for money. There is something magical about throwing coins into a fountain. I still love to do that!

Sue said...

Funny!!! Today pennies for he fountain, blink once and she'll be 13 and asking for the credit card!!! ;)

Hope w/ the antibiotics that she'll be better soon!

KrisJ said...

Im so happy she is still feeling good, Im not the lucky # but I will have to check in later and try to be!!! Hope your all feeling better

Sherry said...

Asking for money already... she's a girl after my own heart! LOL! Sorry that the strep test came back not good but hey she's gotta be the cutest little walking contaminated child I've ever seen. Hehehe:)

Rydley said...

Yuck about Annslee having strep, but glad you figured it out! Happy she doesn't feel miserable!

Patricia said...

Sounds like you caught that strep early enough for Annslee! Hope she is feeling better (& you too!)

And about the $$...Kiara does the SAME thing!! She will ask for "coins" for anything!! Too funny!

Lisa said...

She is just precious! I hope she recovers quickly! Asking for money, that is too cute.

Steffie B. said...

I'm glad you cuaght it before it got bad for her!

I so wish we could play outside! She looks like she is having so much fun!

Go away snow! Whaaaaaa!

Michelle said...

Well, she seems in good spirits:) Good thing they don't just do the rapid test-would love to be there to help her with the fountain!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Annslee is a little trooper! (Not my sicky. She crawls onto the couch and doesn't move until she feels better.)

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Happy New Year! I know I am a little late. :oP

Christy said...

I want to be 50K-- way cool. It is amazing the kid can be so sick but not even seem like it!! My kids will do the same thing. Maybe she has a really high pain tolerance. Who know but cute pics.

Christy :)

Susan said...

Strep throat -- ouchie! So sorry to hear you girls are dealing with that stuff, and I hope you're back to being A-OK in no time.

LOVE the picture of her asking for money. She's such a hoot!

KrisJ said...

Hey there I got Malias fabric off of ebay Im always watching on there and I just search asian fabric and usually there is something there cute to buy! Ive made a blanket and now the memory board.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have not checked in on my blog friends much since we are out of town but I will be praying for my favorite little hugger!

crazylady said...

What no foaming mouth?

You lucky duck.. it is passing like breeze. Feel better, since we're not.

 
Site Meter