After talking with Steffie Sunday she suggested I have Annslee's pediatrician look at her ears again. We have done this in the past and her ears bleed each time because the wax is so dry. If you don't already know this, Asians tend to have really dry wax in their ears and lots of it. Her receptive skills are so high we have never really worried about her hearing but Steffie suggested that the blockage may be preventing her from "hearing herself" Anyway, because of her speech issues and upon Steffie's suggestion because of going through it with Sophia, we are going in to have them irrigated tomorrow. At any appointment when her doctor (who we LOVE) even picks up the thing to look in her ears Annslee goes nuts. I mean full out screaming and crying!!! It is awful as I have to literally sit her in my lap and pin her head against my chest so she can take a look. Have I mentioned she is really strong and weighs 34 pounds, so it is no easy task. On top of that she is crying and screaming "No Mama" the entire time~ we both end up in tears.
For the past day or so I have been putting drops in her ears to soften the wax and that has been a nightmare as she crys and fights me the whole time. Tonight I merely mentioned the doctor looking in her ears tomorrow and she screamed "No Mama, Annslee No" over and over with giant tears rolling.
Anyway, I say all of this to ask that you think of us tomorrow afternoon and prayers would be great too. I know this is for her own good but as her Mama it breaks my heart : (
This picture kind of tells the story of the conversation with Steffie ~ Annslee started putting her hands over her ears and crying b/c we were all too loud as we tried to get their picture~ poor Sophia is very concerned about her too

*I also have a friend having tests done tomorrow for a spot on her chest ~ I would rather not mention her name here but please send up prayers for her. God knows who she is : )






25 comments:
Oh, poor LaLa and poor Annslee! I will definitely be thinking of you both Wednesday afternoon hoping it goes as well as possible.
Oh Laura, Bless your "Mommy heart" and bless little Annslee's heart too! I will absolutely be praying for both of you tomorrow. I know exactly what you mean, about the Dr visits being traumatic...Chelsi has had many ear surgeries...(tubes)...and with that came many many ear infections and dr visits...we both would just cry....and I felt horrible because I knew she was so very scared. I knew that it was in her best interest...but at the same time...I wanted to protect her fiercely from anything that scared her. IT is so hard....but you are right in taking her in....Chelsi's hearing was affected...but with the tubes...she hears within normal ranges.
I will pray that the Dr appt will go smoothly and that Miss Annslee will not be too upset...Hugs and prayers coming your way my friend!!!
I will certainly remember her in prayer tommorow. Poor thing, I am so sorry she has to go through that. I pray that all will go well. Loved seeing the pics from your weekend with Stef and Gwen. What a fun time together you all had!
Oh, my heart goes out to you. I broke down once when Jane was having her blood drawn. She was hysterical, I stepped out of the room and fell apart. I will pray for you both!
I just realized that we share the same name. Seeing that photo of Annslee brings back a flood of emotions. There we so many times that I had to hold Morgan down while she screamed and cried, just so the Dr could look at her infected ears. I will keep you both in my prayers tomorrow. Anything is worth a try, but it is never an easy thing. Hugs to you and your sweet little girl.
Oh Laura, I will be praying for both of you throughout the day. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her so upset, it just broke my heart! Please give her a big hug from us!
Best Wishes for Annslee and you today...
I will be thinking of you..
Hope all goes well..
you guys will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers...
I also wanted to thank you and Annslee for our little Chynna gifts yesterday...you guys are too kind!!
We're thinking and praying for you! And for your friend! Let us know how it goes.
Oh poor girl...I hate to see her so sad! I'll be praying for a good trip to the doctors. Oh, and I'm adding you to my fav. blog list! :)
xo
Oh, this is so hard...on both of you. I will surely be praying. Is there any way you can give her something to relax her before the appt? Even Benadryl? You are doing the right thing no matter how hard it is. Mommy's are so strong!
Praying for your friend too.
~Lynn
It is Wednesday afternoon and I am praying for sweet Annslee (and her momma!)
Please let us know how it goes.
oh poor baby!
Poor Annslee and her mama too. we'll send up a prayer for you both.
Poor baby girl! I have alreaday said a prayer that it goes well. I know how hard it is to see them so upset.
Good luck today! Amelia's ears are horrible too. I was able to clean one out OK by myself, but the other ear canal is smaller and she just cries if you touch it.
Tracy
O lots of prayers for princess Annslee and mommy! Hope it all goes well. Its just the absolute saddest thing seeing her sad and Ive never met the girl I can only imagine as her parent how that feels.
I will definitely say a prayer for you both and your friend. Jade has been in the hospitial twice for a reaction to a virus and surgery for staph so I feel your pain. I remember them trying to give her an IV and it took almost an hour. When we got back to the room I handed her to her dad and went in the bathroom and lost it. It is so hard to do things to help them even when they hurt and they don't fully understand.
Oh I am so sorry. Molly too has very hard wax in her ears and is highly sensitive there. There is nothing worse than having to pin your child down at the docs and witness them going through something they feel dreadful about. I am so sorry & will be praying it goes well.
oh I will pray for things to go well, I am sorry Laura. I pray you feel His strength tomorrow and that Annslee somehow understands.
One quick thought I know my friend that has the darling little girl going through chemo, they get the baby doll and do all the things to her first. I know it upsets Annslee terribly to talk about it but you might want to maybe bring it up once more today and play pretetnd we are taking baby to the dr and how much we love her and we are so sorry but we need to get her ears cleaned and then take our baby doll to get a great treat of some sort?? Just off the top of my head hoping it might help :(
Sorry I missed this post earlier, Laura. I got to it by the time you'd updated and it sounds like the appointment went as well as possible. I'm so glad!
well I am glad that the drops seem to have worked. I would continue with them. I do believe it is helpful! ;) Hopefully Annslee will realize that the drops don't hurt and help her ears. ;)
Oh, that last photo is heartbreaking! I just want to give her a hug! Good luck.
So thankful all went well and I'm glad she received a special "present" for being a good girl! My ears don't drain either and when I was young a couple of times a year the doctor would clean my ears out. I would cry and cry also! I feel for her!
you know we have gone through some major medical stuff with lukas, surgeries etc.--but still the hardest thing ever was holding him still when they had to get the wax out of his ears. It is so tough on a mommy. I hope it you both came through it ok!
Post a Comment