Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

The rest

As promised here are the rest of our Hubei Reunion pictures. We had such a great time spending time together. I took a ton of pics but now wish I'd taken more. Mainly I wish I'd taken more of the adults because I have so few of those...and we totally forgot to get a group shot with everyone. Who am I kidding though...you come to see the kids so here you go!

We did manage a family pic (thanksDebbie)

We went to a great restaurant on Saturday night called The Noodle House.....they weren't really prepared for our crew but luckily had an outside patio with no exit so we let the kids run wild : )




After dinner we came back to the hotel and our room was the "gathering spot" which we love. JiaLi played with Annslee's panda puppet and I think it was just one more thing we got in China that Joe got in trouble about. Michelle kept asking me "where did you get that?" about two necklaces I have and the puppet. I told her "in China" and of course Joe was with us the whole time so she couldn't believe he failed to grab them too...especially the puppet LOL They did spot one at the Zoo but it was considerably higher priced than the $2 we spent in Guangzhou.


On Sunday morning we headed for breakfast and then the park. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to some of our group first.

While waiting for the shuttle the girls goofed off then I started putting one of the girls on my back then I would swing around saying "I thought someone was behind me..where are they?" They thought it was hilarious but then decided I needed to hold two girls while doing it. Man, that got heavy! (notice A on my back in the bottom pic)


The weather was beautiful for the park and they had plenty of energy to burn




Michelle took the bottom right picture of Annslee and Lauren fighting for the swing..it cracks me up!

I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments and emails. Your thoughts and prayers for us are so appreciated. We have heard from our agency but they don't know much for now. They did suggest we change our age range from 0-24 months to 0-36 months and we are doing that. They also want us to be open to either gender so we will see how that works out. Annslee is so excited about a baby sister but all children are a blessing so we are waiting to see what God has planned for us. Keep your prayers coming!

23 comments:

Kim said...

Great pictures..
Glad that they gave you some options...
Children are a blessing..
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.. You will have your little girl home soon..
HUGS
Have a Great Week..

Marla said...

Great pictures, looks like everyone had a great time!

Still praying for your family while you wait for news of your newest addition. Keep the faith and hang in there. (((((HUGS)))))

M. said...

The swing picture is hilarious. Love it! Glad you all had a chance to get together. That's awesome!

Steffie B. said...

Love, Love , Love the pictures.....especially the top family one.

Flying in on the 15th - 18th! Can't wait !!!!!

Kim, Jeff, Emily and Benjamin said...

The photos are great! Just wish we would have been in them, too (wah!!). Hang in there. One day all of these worries will melt away when you hold your new little one. And I speak from experience...while girls are great, little boys are pretty darned sweet, too!!

Michelle said...

It was such a great weekend:) Love each and every photo you posted--I keep telling Joe that we need to locate where that flower necklace came from;) That panda puppet was so much fun for JiaLi--I need to keep my eyes open for one-couldn't justify spending almost $30 at the zoo. Lots of prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

Your family is so beautiful!! I loved the photos.

Julie said...

What sweet pictures! I just love the one of your family and the fighting for the swing picture - it is so real!

I am glad to hear that your agency has given some suggestions. We are praying for you. And you know how I feel about baby boys, so I am always here if you want to talk about that option! ;o)

We are going to be in Chattanooga this weekend riding Thomas the Tank Engine. Not too far away from you.....

Unknown said...

We have that same puppet. It looks like you had a wonderful reunion.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope your agency can help you through this.

missy said...

Laura these pictures are just great. What fun you all must have had. Annslee is so photogenic.

You will continue to be in my prayers. I just know God has a little one for your family!

Tracy said...

Cute, cute, cute photos.

Regarding your Vietnam adoption, you and your family will be in my prayers. I am sure your heart is longing for another child, and I pray that God will provide you hope and comfort during this time.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Okay, that swing picture with all the tears is totally my house every day!!!

I love the family picture Laura, it is deserving of a frame!

You know I am praying for you.

~Amy~ said...

Love all the pictures! The one with all the kids on the shoulders is just too cute! I'm continuing to pray for your family and I hope that everything will work out....

mommy24treasures said...

looks like the reunion was so much fun!
I am continuing to keep you in my prayers. I pray your arms are soon filled with the child God has destined for you.

OH MY #6 said...

looks like a great time!

Lea

Nikki said...

The pictures are wonderful...love the one with the baby "eating" Annslee's face! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

And, yes, prayers are going up in your behalf...keep us posted!
XO

Denise C said...

Oh wow...what a fun reunion this had to be! Such great pictures of very special times with sweet friends!
That first Family picture is great!!!
Glad your agency gave you some tips...and that you have a bit more info about what you should do. God is on top of this...and HE knows exactly what the future holds....I am lifting your family in prayer daily!!!
Sweet Blessings my friend!
Oh..p.s.. did I mention that we may be driving down to Brentwood the same weekend that Steffie is visiting as well! Gwen invited us to join in...and As it stands now..we are planning to come! I am so excited to meet you girls!!!! Isn't God good to join our lives through these blogs....wow....I would have never ever thought I'd meet such precious friends and form such sweet friendships with the most Godly women!
Hope to see you in May!!! :)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I love the pictures!!! The girls are all adorable!!!

Steffie B. said...

have a great day! ;)

Laura Nipper said...

Those are wonderful pictures and it looks like the girls had a great time together. That swing picture is to cute.

Oh and yes you can order the cheapest package on Fotofusion to do the digital scrapbooking. Its so much fun. Let me know if you order it. :) Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Well, all those little girls are so darn cute! That was a really nice family picture as well.

I never did finish our Vietnam application, so now we are thinking of switching back to China again and getting in that big, huge line. I think Linlee will be TEN before we bring home a sibling! I really hope you get your referral soon.

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word, those are sooo cute.

Sherry said...

Oh I love these group pictures! Looks like you adults had as much fun as the kids! Thats the one thing I wish I could have experienced during our adoption... going in a group. The China process is so totally different! Love that you all have stayed in touch!

 
Site Meter