Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

VBS, Vandalism, Very happy

Like I said, I had a hard time getting good VBS pics but here is a pretty cute one. As you can see from the bucket labeled girls~ the boys won! Miss A was not amused but managed a smile here. (for the record the boys loaded it with pennies so the girls really brought in more $$)


We check out a lot of library books around here. Here are two of them and you will notice she chose to label them as her own : ( Of course we had a long chat about this and she understood that she is NOT to write in books (especially ones that don't belong to her!) A few days later it was time to go return them and get new ones. For the first time ever she did not want to go to the library. I kept asking her about it and she finally said "Annslee write book" and almost cried. I finally got it out of her that she thought the librarian would be angry. We did go and we got our new books and all was well~ but when we got back in the car she said "library teacher not spank Annslee" I assured her that no one would be spanking Annslee, much less a stranger in the library : ) Poor girl, I guess it was really weighing on her mind the whole time we were there but hopefully this means she will not do it again.



(notice she still gets a letter or two a little off but we are working on it & she always underlines her name when she writes it ~plus it looks like she was in a hurry writing these~ must have been watching for me to catch her LOL)

THANK YOU SECRET BUDDY!! We loved our hair package and of course Annslee appreciated the doll that she gets to work on! She literally squealed when she saw the bar*bie!!



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Annslee... Maybe the next time she is naughty, she won't sign her name to it! LOL!

my3 kids said...

Awe Annslee we know you won't do that again, right! We all make mistakes but learn from it. Your so cute! What an awesome secret buddy gift you got...yippee

Denise C said...

OH, sweet girl! Those books needed a name in them! *wink*!
IT will make the next person checking them out realize someone really really loved this book enough to try to call it her own! :)
Have a fabulous Sunday with your precious little doll!
Love,
Denise

Sherri said...

Bless her heart. Well at least it made an impact on her and you know she listens to you! Sometimes I wonder if Grace blocks me out.

Tracy said...

That is great she will spell/write her name (maybe not in a library book, but still:). Amelia has shown NO interest at all in learning how to do that.

taylorchloejake said...

Wow she's great at writing her name, she'll have to find a better spot for it next time. That's so sweet that she thought the librarian would be mad at her. :)

mommy24treasures said...

oh what a sweet story. Chloe always couldn't resist writing at that age too, it was like the temptation was too great.

Mia's Mommy said...

May I just say that I'm so impressed with Anslee writing her name. Mia only has three letters and it can be a struggle. I'm totally impressed!

How sad that she had worry on her little heart about the library lady. Awwww.

Karianne said...

You have to realize that some of us are a bawling ball of hormones this summer. Reading about her encounter with guilt made me cry! Poor little thing. And look at her writing her name. When, oh when did she get so big?
I agree with Denise C. Every book need miss a's name in it!

Lydia said...

So cute that she underline her name each time. I like her "s" :)

Steffie B. said...

Just stopping by to see what the two social queens have been up to! lol

Have a fabulous week girl.....oh yes.....the package has arrived at my house, which means your package will arrive sometime after the holiday! lol

BEWARE!!!!!!!

asiangard said...

We had the same sort of bucket thing at our VBS last year! lol
She is pretty cute writing her own name, even though it wasn't her book!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

LOL oh that cutie pie....I used to write in books too. I assure I don't anymore. Well maybe sometimes but I have learned not to write my own name ; 0
Sorry the girls lost : (

 
Site Meter