Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Lake!

We went to Alabama this weekend for my family reunion. We have been doing it at this lakehouse since before I was born but haven't had it for the last two years so this was Annslee's first one. I remember well watching others with their little ones and knowing someday it would be my turn and it finally was : )

She loved fishing and kept looking under the pier to see if she could see a fish LOL


She was so cute on the pier with her fishing pole

Cousin Isaac received the bulk of her attention and she thought it was great when I put his long hair in a top knot!



This is how humid it was~ my lens fogged up immediately when I tried to get a pic of her on the swing that goes out over the water

Yeah, we didn't do that long as Mama was not loving it and honestly, Daddy wasn't either~ you can't tell in this pic but she is holding on TIGHT!


Hop on Isaac happened each morning. I am amazed at how great a 12 year old boy is with her



Cousin Shelby kindly read her bedtime stories and she loved the attention from a "big girl"


She has only ridden on a boat a few times but she loved it! Eating her cousin Hayden's snacks added to the joy

Everytime we drive by a lake, river, creek we joke "would you swim in that?" and she says "NO" because well, it is not as clean as a pool ~ so we were worried b/c when we mentioned going to the lake she said she was not getting in. She obviously changed her mind! She really wanted this duck to come over to her but she never got much closer (Annslee was pretending to have food and saying 'yum yum' to the duck)

Daddy was helping her fish (I think she has fished more times than he has though)

I have many more pics from the weekend but thought I'd share a few : )

35 comments:

Beth said...

What a fun weekend! She is just too cute. :)

Sherri said...

Shelooks like she was just having the best time! I am quite certain she was the belle of the ball!

Colleen said...

Okay, that lens fogging up because of the humidity just kills me. I would have thought I was DYING in weather like that! LOL!

Fabulous pictures. And what fun! Looks to me like Miss Annslee enjoyed the family reunion very much. I'm so glad that you got your turn to be the mommy of a little one. I know how important that feels. :)

Tracy said...

The last picture is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

That place looks magical! I hope you had the best time ever!

missy said...

Such adorable photos, Laura!!! Annslee is just bubbling over with happiness in each picture. You can see the definite bond between A and Issac. How sweet!

Looks like paradise. Glad you all had fun : )

Denise C said...

What a wonderful weekend you all had together! Such sweet family reunion memories made to hold close forever!
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of your time away with family!
Love,
Denise

Shelly and Family said...

What a great weekend...and that swing would get me nervous too lol!

(that's just like when we went to a ride park in our area and Francesca wanted to go on the Salt n Pepper Shakers...I flat our told her NO...at least not this year)

The Byrd's Nest said...

That last picture is so beautiful! So glad you had a great time!

jennifer said...

How fun! I love the picture of her looking for fish under the pier. I think Annslee has fun no matter where she is, though :)

GGAdventures said...

Great pics! Looks like a fun weekend. Lake water is "gross" at our house, but it's better than no water at all. The lens fogging up is a regular here. So frustrating! The swing would have made me a nervous wreck too!

Great memories and fun to spend time with family! Annslee is always so happy!

Christine said...

Great photos!!! She is absolutely adorable! I love cottage life!! The place looks beautiful. I love the photo of her swinging over the lake. Actually I love them all. You are a great photographer!

OH MY #6 said...

beautiful pictures!

Lea
xo

Patricia said...

What a fun time!! And what is it about 12 yr. old boys...they are sooooo sweet!!! That's what I love about teaching middle school.

That swing over the lake made ME hold on tight! ;)

Sharon said...

Looks like an amazing time!! how cool to finally be there with your own little one!! Hope you have many more times there with those great cousins!!

KrisJ said...

SO much fun! She is such a doll! I love the photos!

mommy24treasures said...

How fun and just where were you??? What about our deal of crossing state lines!;)

Kate said...

Adorable shots of a fun filled time!! Did Annslee ever see a fish under the dock??? That was the cutest shot ever!! Full of hope and faith at this age aren't they??? May they always keep that hope and faith!!

SO much fun!!

Michelle said...

LOVE seeing these--looks like such a great weekend and so happy you got to share it with your little one:) We have lots of humidity here and have had to clean our lens many times:) Love her teasing the duck!

Michelle R Photography said...

What fun times! That lake swing looks a little scary. Good thing her grip was tight! It's so nice to get to spend some quality time with family.

Heather said...

Looks like such fun!! I think we all need a weekend like that:)

Annslee makes everything look doable and wonderful - she is a sweetheart head to toe!

Have a good week - we are continuing to pray!!

Love,
Heather

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

what a fun weekend!!! I love fishing. Looks like Miss Annsless likes fishing too.

Deb said...

beautiful photos of your time away....and what great memories for Anslee!

Laura Nipper said...

Love all the fun photos from your trip. Miss Annslee always looks adorable.

Laura Nipper said...

Love all the fun photos from your trip. Miss Annslee always looks adorable.

my3 kids said...

what a fun time it looks like you had. That swing over the water...wow! Love all the pix sweet girl!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

We just did a little family lake thing too! HA! And it was humid too! Yuck!

Miss A looks so cute fishing! And I agree: that over the lake swing looks toooooo scary for a Mama and Papa to watch!!!!!

And my little monkey wants to add: Cousins are the best!

Adele said...

Oh how fun! She looks like a natural with the fishing pole. Glad you had a fun time with your family.
We are in Mississipi and the humidity in the south is just unbearable!!! You just never get used to it.

Denna said...

Looks like lots of fun. Great Pictures.

Kate said...

Oh What Fun!!!

Sam said...

What a great reunion!!! Love the photos!

redmaryjanes said...

Love it. Those photos are fantastic. Isaac really is a great kid. I want to swing on the swing that goes over the water.
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Nikki said...

Looks like so much fun! Your family just rocks!

taylorchloejake said...

That swinging picture looks really scary! We'll at least she's a good swimmer. :) I love the fishing poll. Too cute!

Steffie B. said...

that swing over the water is AWESOME!!!! Look slike a great time!

 
Site Meter