Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Three is still my fav age (so far)

We wrapped up VBS and what a fun time we had!!! She loved all the activities and mainly enjoyed hanging out with friends : ) She is so funny and kept saying "Mommy teacher, thank you Mommy" over and over ~ smooch! We had over 500 kids involved this week and it was LOUD and FUN!!


Ranger Dave was our storyteller for the week and in this story he told them to take the heart to someone and say "God loves you" Oh, what sweetness to hear my girl saying it : ) As a side note Dave is Daddy War*bucks in 'Little Orph*an Ann*ie" on broadway (he is a really good storyteller LOL)



This giant grin was because at the Friday night end of VBS party they had a rock wall set up. It was a hard one too with no one belaying for you but Miss A had to give it a try. We walked over and the guy nicely said she could. Yes she is three, wearing sandals and the harness was huge on her!


He helped her up as far as he could reach (about 7 ft I guess) and she continued to try and do more. Poor baby, of course she couldn't do much and all night she kept saying "Annslee try" and looking sad b/c she didn't get to the top. I bet she will in a couple of years!!
This is Sparks and he was there all week and the kids LOVED him!!! There is just something about a fox telling a story I guess : )

Of course Ranger Dave let her help last night. She ran right up there when she saw him and Sparks



Yes, they all fell over right after this picture as Annslee was laughing and pulling them down!

I think one of my favorite parts of last night was when we were going through the food line and she said in amazement "My church has sun chips!!"
Yeah, that is why three is my favorite age so far!! It takes so little to make their little hearts happy : )

18 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I wish we could have come to your VBS too. I love Annslee's pig tails and sweat band. Wow what a brave girl to try the rock wall and get so far, really. Jade would have ran as fast as she could away from it. Looks like you all had a great time. VBS Rocks!

Patricia said...

Miss A is somethin' else!! Look at her go, climbing that rock wall!! Wow! Such a courageous little soul & a darn cute one too! ;)

Looks like you all had a fabulous time at VBS!!

Colleen said...

I'll bet Annslee was happy that the shirts were PURPLE!

What a brave little thing wanting to climb that big rock wall. Linlee would have been so jealous!

Ashton said...

Too Cute! I love the first pix- She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

*L* "My church has sun chips!" that is so adorably cute. Looks like she had a lot of fun.

Laura Nipper said...

Looks like you guys attend an awesome church. Love all the cute photos of Annslee. Oh and yes I love age 3 to. Its a wonderful age.

Eileen said...

Looks like fun!

We don't have a church home at the moment, but Lindsey went to VBS at a local church last year and loved it. Unfortunately the week they're having it this year doesn't work out for us. Hopefully next year!

mommy24treasures said...

I love the way the simple things mean so much to them too... 3 is super fun. I love 2 and 3.

Beth said...

My cousin has a 13 year old daughter and when we adopted our little girl he told me, "Every age will be your favorite age." I agree!! Each age is wonderful with it's own special things.

Michelle R Photography said...

Looks like Annslee had such a wonderful time at VBS! Ours is in two weeks and although Mia isn't
3 yet, they are letting her go because she's potty trained and I'm volunteering with the three year olds. I can't wait!! Yours looks like a very cool VBS.

Stacie said...

wow, looks like a great VBS. wish we lived closer I would have sent lauren to that with you :)

3 Peanuts said...

Annslee looks like she had a BLAST at vbs. her smile is infectious.

K

Denise C said...

Ok...that settles it....SUN CHIPS at your church??? Well...we are moving our membership to your church, for sure now! *wink*...hee-hee!

What a ~precious~ ~precious~ ~precious~ little doll you have Laura! Oh my...I love her deep excitement for life! She lives life to the absolute fullest...what a blessing this little darling is!!!
Any new adoption news???
Have a great week!!!
Love ya'll!
Denise

Sam said...

Looks like Annslee knows how to enjoy life! Great photos!!!

asiangard said...

That looks like fun!

Little Patch of Heaven said...

What a beautiful little girl. It looks like fun was had by all at VBS.

redmaryjanes said...

She is just a doll. I'll bet she was one of the highlights of VBS.

Mommy Spice said...

Spicy Girl really loved VBS this year as well. Great pictures! I'm glad you're enjoying 3. I have to say, it was not our favorite age here. 4 & 5 have been awesome though.

 
Site Meter