When we got Annslee's referral we toasted with champagne so of course we needed to do that this time too. Luckily Miss A is a great photographer so she gladly took a pic of us toasting (she has apple juice in case you were wondering LOL) We then had to go on a wagon ride to show off her baby!

Coby got his first gift last night from Mia and her mommy!! Annslee insists it would fit her (it is 6-9 mos size) I told her to pose with it and she held it up and started doing a fake cry. She said "Coby teeee tiny baby cry" She is probably right : ) We are sending off our I600 tomorrow and are then on the LONG wait for approval. I think it is just like Annslee's adoption. The wait for a referral is so stressful (especially with the shutdown this time) but honestly, the wait between referral and travel is the worst. Just staring at that face kills me knowing he is not home! Please continue to pray for us and for speedy approval and now you can pray for him by name!
Annslee has a picture of him in her room. I put it in a frame but she made me get a different one as the one I used was NOT a boy frame. She was not happy about him being in a girly frame! She is totally cracking us up..she says only she will feed, hold and play with him but if you ask her about changing diapers she is quick to say "mommy and daddy do" GREAT!






50 comments:
Great job writing your new baby brother's name, Annslee! It is perfect. Praying for time to go quickly until travel. Hugs, Sheryl
Coby is the perfect little boys name. I love it. Annslee did such a lovely job on writing his name. Such a cutie.
Come home, Coby!!!
Nice name. For some of us who have never and will not be treading the VN path, can you explain how the next few weeks/(months?) go when it comes to VN referral-then-adoptions?
Oh I love his name and I love Annslee's writing of Coby's name. She looks so cute with the Pj's.
I will toast mR. Coby here too:)
Wow Annslee writes Coby's name so well. Very impressive. So excited for you guys.
Oh and the pictures below of Miss Annslee are sooooo beautiful.
I love the name Coby! Annslee did such a great job writing it!
Can't wait to see pictures!
Awwww, I love it!
That is such incredible penmanship for a three year old. Wow!
Yay, we can't wait to see you go pick up little Coby. Hope this in between time speeds by!
Oh yes...The wait from referral to travel is the worst! ( we have been waiting over 50 days for our LOA to come in...) The photos of Annaslee are so adorable! She is going to be one great big siter!
Coby is a fine name. I am so happy for your guys. I was so worried when the shutdown was announced. I cannot wait to see your little man home.
I love the name!!
Miss Annslee looks like she is a photographer in the making....great picture of Mommy and Daddy!
I can only imagine how hard it is to wait once you have their little face on a piece of paper.....hoping for a speedy TA!
Lisa
awww. Annslee's writing is wonderful. Caitlyn hs no interest in learning how right now She can draw a circle if she tries but ther than that she is just a scribbler.
She is going to be the best big sister:)
I know this part will be tough I pray it isn't as long as you expect.
Congrats on sending the i-600 already.
Great name choice! I'm glad Annslee's excited about her baby brother. I agree with you about the wait. For me, the wait between referral and travel was much harder than the wait for referral. I hope yours is very speedy, though, and can't wait to see more of your little Coby.
Great job writing your brothers name Annslee!!! Isn't it crazy how big boy clothes are? That sleeper is almost as long as A. is
Love his name! Good luck with the rest it gets tricky after the first! I cant wait to see him home so I sure hope the approval happens fast for you guys!
Cheers to Coby!! That is a cute name. I will pray that time to travel goes quickly. With Leila, we didn't receive any updated photos in the seven months of waiting and you are so right, that part is very painful.
We have been dying for some information about precious Coby! Thanks for the update!! We are all so thrilled for you and Coby and pray that the agonizing wait passes quickly. Please keep us posted. :)=
What a cute name!! I love it!
How wonderful to see her so excited about him. I hope she likes him as much once he's home! LOL...
How long will it take before you can go get him?
I missed the news! Aaauuuggghhh! A BOY! WHEE! I might be biased and all but BOYS ARE SO AWESOME. Congratulations! I can't wait to see Annslee all Big Sistering!
Love the name as you know! ;) Hope you won't mind me using it (spelled the Japanese way) if I ever have another boy...I'm sure I have my hands full already though!
I am SOOOOOOO happy you got your little boy and now you will have the perfect little boy/girl family with them being quite close in age as well!
Oh I love the name! Annslee looks so proud of her work...as she should be.
I love, LOVE Coby! LOL! Now Annslee will have two Coby/ Kobi's in her life:) Hehe!
The wait is the hardest but just call up those USCIS people and tell them that you need approval pronto! I did this with Kobi's adoption and believe it or not I was approved in 2 weeks! From the Baltimore office which is totally not full of nice people!! LOL! Goodluck with it and again Im so happy to hear your name choice! I'll send some hair gel for Coby's future "faux hawk". Hahaha!!!
Wow - Annslee writes beautifully!!! (And I used to be a preschool teacher, so I'm not just saying that. LOL.) Here's praying for a peace-filled wait between referral and travel. That time IS the worst!
I am so excited for you. I will be thinking of you while you wait for Coby to come home. I know how hard it is, I have an 8 month old baby girl in Vietnam. I stare at her picture all the time. Also, good luck with the name, I am still trying to decide on Kennedy's middle name.
COBY is a Great name...
Love it..
Hope they get you over there and back sooon..
Have a Great Week..
How exciting!! I know what you mean about the wait.. our wait time from referral to travel was 9mths!! It was horrible!
Praying for a speedy Travel!!
What a sweet name. Annslee did a great job writing it. Hope your I600 goes through quickly.
I love the name Coby!!! How adorable!!! Annslee is going to be such a good big sister : ) Doesn't it seem like yesterday we were announcing our referrals for our little girls : ) and now Miss Annslee is the big sister...time goes by so fast!
Okay, it just gets more and more exciting. I can't believe how excited I am to learn Coby's name! I guess the dream is finally becoming more real. Praying for a very speedy I600!!! Can't wait to follow your journey to Vietnam!!! I love how Annslee is acting about her little brother ... sooooooo cute!
Wow, I'm impressed that Annslee wrote her brother's name AND is able to take pictures! Very cool!
Can't wait until you get that baby HOME!
I love the name Coby. Praying the time goes by very quickly Laura.
Wow! Great job writing Coby's name Annslee!! I'll be praying for a speedy approval for you.
I am just so happy for you.....;)
Great job, Annslee!! I bet you will be a super big sister to Coby! I love the name, by the way and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!!!
What a great boy's name! Love it!!! So sweet that Annslee made sure the photo was in the right frame! What fun to be adding some blue clothes and "boy stuff"!!!
Annslee is gonna ROCK as a big sis.
I'll continue to pray for you all...especially sweet Coby.
And, I agree, the waiting post referral is the worst. Be strong, my friend!!!!
We can' wait for you to travel.
Marielle is excited for "HER BROTHER" to come home to. I don't know where she gets it from, ANNSLEE is the only picture she looks at and says she is my sister too LOL.
I need you to send us your address we have something to send you.
Natalie, McKenna and Marielle
Great name and great job by Annslee in writing it so well!!
When do you expect to travel or will Coby be escorted here?
The pics on the beach are a DREAM!!!! ; )
Awww.. what a sweet name! Love how big sis is so excited about him too...I will definitely be praying for things to go QUICKLY so you can bring him home soon! I can't wait to SEE HIM!
That is so adorable!! I love his name!! She is going to be the best big sister!! And i cannot beleive she can already write!!
God Bless!!
Sharon
What a sweetie. She's going to be a great big sister!
She's so smart! And I love the name Coby! It sounds like Anslee hasn't missed a bit switching from a sister to a brother. It was meant to be! :D
~Lynn
I love it!! What a cute name and an adorable big sister. I cannot believe how much she's grown!
That is adorable!!!
:)
Amie
I love the name you have chosen. Annslee did a great job writing his name. I absolutely love the white dress photos from the beach. I bet this is a beach trip you will never forget.
Can't wait to hear more.
Precious post Laura!!! I love that your sweet girl wanted to write her baby brother's name! What a doll!!!
Can't wait for him to be in your arms!!!
Hugs and love to you sweet friend!!!
Coby is an adorable name & perfect for your little man. Annslee & Coby. Yup.
Post a Comment