Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our week, thanks SB & prayer requests

We started off the week celebrating birthdays with the cousins : ) Annslee loves hanging out with all her cousins and of course enjoys a party! We did have a little drama at the end as she wanted Shelby (whose lap she is in) come home with her to spend the night...we have been promising this for a while so it is time to make it happen, but not on a school night.


Some serious cuteness!



We had a great playdate planned with some local families and Miss A was really excited as she is always up for some water fun!






We didn't realize we had them looking right at the sun~ poor kids...but so cute!!! I love being in this group because it isn't limited to children from China...so far they are all from either China or Korea but we are about to add a little Vietnamese boy to the mix : )





Our neighborhood has a pond and there are some baby ducks. Annslee wanted to feed them so of course we did. She kept getting angry at the big ducks for taking all the bread LOL



We also received a wonderful package from our Secret Buddy this week. It was in a HUGE box and Annslee was excited to tear into it. I had to laugh as she kept pulling out "boy" stuff and saying "all boy stuff" with this sad face. Of course my SB (who has totally spoiled Annslee) threw in a girl gift too. Annslee was THRILLED and yelled "Yay, girl stuff" when she pulled it out : )




WOW, what a generous gift we received~ a soft blanket, Cars overalls, and tons of clothes that I assume my SBs boys wore. I am so honored that she would pass them on to me! Thank you so much SB!!! It was wonderful receiving much needed "boy stuff" !!



I want to send out a huge thank you to all of you for your well wishes on our referral of our son. It is amazing to me how close this bloggy community is and how we are all so quick to cheer each other on and offer support and prayers. Speaking of prayers please lift up all the families who did not receive referrals in time. I know of a few personally and they are hurting!
On another sad note, a local family lost their two year old daughter this week. She has been home from China for 10 short weeks and they are hurting and could use all the prayers and support they can get. Go HERE go read a post about it that is much more eloquent than I could manage. The family has a website so go HERE to offer them support.

9 comments:

Jodee said...

Adorable pictures! I especially love the water ones!

Football and Fried Rice said...

The baby ducks were precious...& SB gifts, of course, are awesome!

I just read about the Goodens and am awed & mystified (once again) at the strength of people in the face of tragedy. They are amazing people..

Michelle R Photography said...

What adorable children in all of your photos!

That is such a heartbreaking story about the death of little Anna. Thank you for sharing.

Shelly and Family said...

What an amazing day and such great photos!!!

And the baby ducks...they are too cute!!!

missy said...

Love all of the pics. Annslee's hair is getting so long. I love it! I am so heartbroken about little Anna. What an inspiring family!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What cute pictures of Annslee and friends!!

What a tragic story...thanks for sharing...I will keep them in my prayers.

Lisa

Cinnamon said...

I checked the web site,so heartbreaking. I posted on it and prayed for them last night. What an amazing testiment to faith.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know we will all be praying till you get home w/ him ... love the pictures ...

Marla said...

Those are so cute!!

I just nominated you for an award on my blog!

 
Site Meter