I have written about this day for the last two years HERE and HERE. I will just let those posts speak for themselves. We are soooo blessed to have Annslee as our daughter and will continue to give thanks that she was matched with us!
Referral Day 2008

Here are a few more shots from today. I should have done it earlier b/c by the time I did it she was ready to go to the pool and the sun was so bright. This was the most I could get out of her LOL
Today is such a day of celebration for our family but this year this date is also a reminder that there are over 1,700 families who did not received their referral from Vietnam in time and their dossiers will now be returned to them. Please continue to pray for them and also for our paperwork in Vietnam to move along smoothly.








28 comments:
Happy Referral Day Annslee!
I love posts like this..What a wonderful set pics !
Happy referral anniversary to you all. What a beautiful big girl you are growing to be Annslee. We are praying for your sweet baby brother to be with you all before too long and we are also very sad for all the families who did not receive their referral in time. It's a very sad time for them and we pray they find their child waiting for them before too long.
Happy Referral Day! She has grown so much in the past year. I am thinking of you and hoping you are able to complete your adoption without any problems.
I know you know this already, but you are so blessed!
Look how much Miss A has grown. Wow!
She just gets cuter and cuter each year!!!! We are praying for all of these families.
What great photos of Annslee over the past three years. I love the idea to take her pic holding her referral photo.
I had no idea there were that many families that did not get a referral! My heart goes out to them and I will include them in my prayers.
OMG...is it three years already!!! That measn it is also thre years for us on the 2nd...tomorrow! Where does the time go....
Your daughter is beautiful. It is so good to have such sweet memories. I love the celebrate them all--Referral Day, Gotcha Day, for our SN girl, the first day I saw her face. We are blessed. My heart hurts for those families you mentioned who didn't receive referrals from Vietnam.
Blessings,
Robbie
mom to 5 blessings
Happy Referral Day you precious lil' angel! You bring so much joy to your family and all that are lucky enough to know you.
I am so happy you had a great day!
What a neat series of photos! (Wish I had been that organized/creative with documenting the passing years with my little ones!)
OMG!!! I'm either still in shock or just protecting my heart until official word comes from CHI. SO unexpected!
I can honestly say that seeing this post today takes on a whole new meaning! I love that we could be celebrating our referrals so close together!!!
My heart aches for the 1700 families that will have their dossiers returned to them. Lifting extra thanks for your little guy tonight.
Happy 3 years..
What a beautiful girl Annslee is ...
Can't wait to take these pictures of Izzy..
Hugs..
Well, I just posted something similar on my blog. September 1st is an awesome day for our families. Happy referral anniversary! Annslee's sparkly personality and beauty grows each year.
Wow, that's so weird. Our DTC is exactly one year after yours (Feb. 2006). We're still in line and you have had a child for almost three years.
I'm starting to get a big panicky about everything that has to get done before we leave. Oh well, whatever doesn't get done, won't get done, I guess.
Happy Referral Day! So glad I share the same special day with you. Hopefully I can get my post up later tonight. Miss A has such a great personallity that just shines in each picture you take.
Hugs to my Lovebug friend!
Happy Referral Day!
Thank you very, very much for your comment on my blog concerning my dad. You are very kind!
Sherri
Today's Tales
Happy Referral Day!!! Our referral was Jul. '05 and we STILL traveled around the same time.
I love the yearly pics. What a great idea.
We will be praying for the Vietnam families who do not have a picture to hold or announce a happy referral day.
Ahhhhh....I remember it well!! (Our call came on the 3rd).
Miss A sure looks so grown up now - what a beautiful girl!
Happy referral anniversary day! And how cool that you have another referral to celebrate too!
I LOVE these posts - definitely my favorite!
What a special day, I love the photos!
Happy referral Day! What sweet pics. I love the comparison between the years!
Celebrating with you while praying for these other families. :(
Happy Day!
:)
Amie
Happy Referral Day!!! Oh, Annslee, you are one beautiful young lady...blessings for all the anniversaries to come and the exciting year you are all beginning!!
This post makes my whole day:)
Hugs,
Heather
I remember last year. You know I think she is the most darling girl in bloglang! Love you Annslee!
oh what sweet memories
and yes I am so sorry for the other families and pray God shows them a plan...
Happy anniversary! That is such a bummer about the returned dossiers, i will pray. Especially for yours!
Happy Referral Day!!
I love the pics of her over the years....I cannot believe how much she has changed!!
Doesn't the time just fly....when you're not waiting of course!!!
Lisa
I believe in the magic of the matching room. I really do! And my heart is heavy for those who their have hearts in Vietnam
Congrats on the big day and wonderful memories!
Post a Comment