
I know many of you are not familiar with the process of Vietnam adoptions. The "new" process is the one we are working under and it requires you to file your I600 to the USC*IS and wait for their approval before travel. Under the old procedure you got your referral then went to Vietnam and at that time applied for approval which really meant they would issue a Vi*sa for your child to come home. Personally, I like the new procedure better as we know before we leave that all is well and they are doing a much more in depth investigation now so we can sleep well knowing we did all we could to carry out an adoption that is ethical. The truth is we could leave today and go to Vietnam and adopt Coby (at least in the eyes of Vietnam) but the problem is at this point we wouldn't have a way to get him back home, so yeah, we'll just wait : )
Today I did have to send a letter to Vietnam to reschedule our Giving & Receiving (G&R) ceremony as they had it scheduled for Sept. 16th. Yep, under the "old" rules I'd be frantically packing right now!! I admit it was strange seeing that date in writing and saying no to it. We also just got our confirmation that the USC*IS received our request on Sept 4th (actually they got it on Aug 29th but with the holidays this is the date we have) Currently the wait time for approval is 60-100 days so we will just have to wait and see when we get the go ahead. The thing is, when you get approval they set your G&R immediately so we'll have about one week until we travel after receiving the OK from the US!!
Here is my current mantle....Annslee likes to point out that she is in all but two of the pics : )
Thank you for your continued prayers!!






30 comments:
Oh, I love his little feet, Laura!!! I cannot wait until you get that sweet boy home!!
I love your mantle! Annslee is so cuddly...lil' lovebug and I love the pic of you and Mark : )
I am leaving to go home and see if Paige is still mad at me about the game : )
Here's to a speedy approval and trip. Will Annslee be traveling with you? And your mantle IS beautiful...full of love.
It must be soooo hard to see that date and know that you really have to wait a bit longer to bring home your little guy. I remember the "in between time" from referral to travel as being some of the most challenging days. However, I bet you are just loving the thought of Christmas with both of your children this year. I am so excited for you!
Such cute toes!! Glad that you got confirmation of your I600 being filed. That is great.
Oh you know I'm sending good vibes your way!!!!
Love the update picture!!!!
It sure won't be much longer now! ...waiting is still hard, though, I'm sure.
(-;
Hope everything moves very quickly for you!!
I feel so honored to share in this special journey to Coby (love the name!). You can bet you are in my thoughts and prayers. BTW I LOVE your mantel! :-)
what a beautiful picture of Coby's feet...oh I can't wait to see his sweet face. Here's to a speedy travel date and we look forward to following you on your journey to Coby:) Your mantle looks beautiful;)
You sly one, you. I love your mantel and the cute little ones pictured on it. ;-)
I so hope you are on the short end of the wait range. I can't wait to see Coby in your arms!!
Have a great weekend!
Michelle
How can you not be in love?
I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.
You have to be so excited....What cute little feet!
Hoping you get a speedy approval!
Lisa
Goodness gracious, I have no idea how I missed this news! Congratulations on your son! I hope you're traveling very, very soon.
I can't wait to see all of Coby but his little feet sure are cute!
Oh those tiny baby feet! yuo must be dying to kiss those sweet little toes. hopefully not too much longer now!
I am so excited for you.....the pictures are adorable....I love the posts below too! ;)
Praying that Coby will be home soon!!!
I am loving that mantel!
Lea
xo
I actually love how you cropped that first picture! It looks beautiful.
I love the "mantel" and Annslee is very cute in all but 2 of the pictures!!! I think you are being very sly and I LOVE it!!! Coby's feet are soooooo cute :)
I am praying for you guys everyday. This is the hardest waiting time, but I know it will all be worth it soon.
I love his baby feet too!! I recognize one of those precious pictures on the mantle!! Funny that the princess knows how much she is loved, eh??
That's awesome! Glad to hear things are moving along. I hope you hear some good news soon!
I can't wait to see what your travel date is I am so excited for you guy's!
LOVE those kissable tootsies! Praying for speedy and problem-free travel approval!
K
Here's to a speedy final paper work approval!!! This "waiting" time has been difficult for us as well. Hang in there...you'll be making travel plans to Coby really soon...
You must be so very excited. I appreciate your explaining the new process. I have been thinking of you. Can't wait to see that darling baby boy in your arms. And lots and lots of full head to toe pictures.
Hugs
What an ADORABLE little picture!
Although you have been waiting a long time i am sure this wait seems the longest!
I am loving that you finally have a pic for the mantel:)
I too am praying things go speedy.
Look at that little foot! No doubt the rest of him is just as adorable!
So sorry you had to turn down that G&R. But I'm so glad things on the US side are moving along for you. You'll be packing soon!
Post a Comment