Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Scary Stuff

Well, we went to his check up yesterday and the culture confirmed that the boil on his head was in fact MRSA!! Yep, the scary Staph infection. Thank God we got him in time to get him home and get it treated! It looks so much better now and luckily none of us have shown any signs of catching it.

The sleep is still not coming. We are up off and on all night and can't really get in a groove. Please continue to pray for sleep and his continued healing.


Because I just can't post without a picture and I thought this one was particularly cute~ Here he is with Daddy in their Ti*tan's gear in Hanoi!




Here is Annslee in Hanoi at a playground we found enjoying time with her new "friends" (click to enlarge)




28 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Lala! I will pray BIG time that it heals quickly! How scary! Welcome home sweet family and thank you for sharing your journey with us all.

Love,
Kim

Kate said...

Oh my goodness...so scary...BUT so wonderful and a true blessing that you DO have him home where he can get proper medical care.

I have been and will continue to pray for your family and the adjustments that you all are going through. The sleep deprivation was so big for me and I always feel such empathy when I hear of a family with these temporary problems.

Best wishes...and have a wonderful holiday with your precious family!!!

Missy said...

Laura,
Oh my goodness! Bless his little heart and yours, too. You must have been so scared to learn what he had. GOD is SO good to have that precious baby home with his wonderful family and good health care to be able to heal!! We have had two cases of MRSA this year and the children are doing just fine.

Sweet girl, I will pray for you and your family to get the rest you need. PLEASE, if you need anything, call me. I don't want to call your house in fear that I will wake someone.
Love you!

Tracy said...

I'm glad none of you caught the MRSA-too scary. I love that picture of Coby in his Titans gear, it looks like he is looking right at the camera and smiling for you. If you get 2 kids who do that I am no longer reading your site....lol

Marla said...

Oh my gosh! Poor guy!! Thank goodness you're home and can get him the treatment he needs.

Praying for sleep and continued adjustment!

Kerry said...

Oh wow! Thank goodness you were united with your little guy when did were! So hoping that he gets healthy soon. And praying for a smooth adjustment for your family.

He is darling. Love his little expression- he is smiling with his whole face. Somebody loves his daddy.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm so glad you have him home and on medication! What perfect timing!
I love the pictures of Anslee in her summer clothing and the others in their jackets! LOL It's so funny in other countries how they bundle up.

~Lynn

Susan said...

I do hope and pray that Coby's healing comes quickly, and the infection stays away from the rest of the family. Keep us posted, please.

Stacie said...

Yikes, I am glad you got him home and to your pediatrician. Have a Merry Christmas.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so glad that you got him when you did....what a blessing in so many ways! Hopefully his medicine will do the trick.....makes you have such appreciation for our healthcare system here in the US!!

Thinking of you all....Happy Holidays!

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Laura, I will be praying that it heals quickly and no one else gets it. I remember the sleep adjustment yuck. I know you already know this but after many weeks we just had to pick a "D" day and keep us all awake during the day to sleep all night. Yucky and no fun! Praying for you sweet girl.

asiangard said...

Oh no! i had a feeling this wasn't something "he always gets with a fever" I just hope the other babies in Vietnam didn't get it either....poor little one!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

I had to google MRSA - YIKES! So true... that you got him and got him home!!!! Thank goodness, no one else in the family has it! Praying for all the other little ones left in the orphanage!

And lots of prayers to you too -
Oh sleep, oh sleep, oh precious sleep.
I'll keep the chant going!!!

Colleen said...

Oh, how scary! Thank heaven's Coby is no longer in that orphanage. Now he has a mommy & daddy now who will have him carefully looked after.

Sorry about the sleeping. That is so hard. Did Annslee adjust right away? I remember it took us a month before we were all sleeping (for the most part) through the night. Everything is a challenge when you feel tired. I hope little Coby adjusts quickly.

my3 kids said...

Yikes that is scary stuff....I am glad you are on it and that his boil is healing. He is such a cute cute little boy. We really enjoyed visiting Vietnam again through your eyes and can't wait for the day we visit again. Glad your all home and hope you enjoy the holiday's with both your children home safe and sound:) Such a beautiful family Laura. Hugs.....Janice

Jennifer said...

I will pray for Coby to continue to heal. I am thinking of all of you and hoping you get some sleep soon.

Jen

Rydley said...

Wow, MRSA certainly is scary stuff! So glad he's being treated!

We faced sleep (and grieving) issues for so long with Jia and I know it's tough. Best of luck to you.

GGAdventures said...

So glad you're home where Coby can get the proper care and treatment. Scary stuff!
That intial adjustment is so draining, but it will get better!

Sherry said...

Oh my! I will be pray, prayin that his little health scare clears up real soon! Now have you already explained to baby Coby that Santa only comes at night and that he must be asleep?? LOL! GOOD LUCK with the transition. I know its tough but hopefully he will get in the groove of things real quick:)

{{HUGS}}

Shelly and Family said...

Hope Coby is doing better and here's to sleeping through the night (I know I told you it took us one week to get back on schedule...and it wasn't easy. I so feel for you right now!)

Jennifer said...

Goodness! You guys are dealing with quite a bit these days. Praying for you all to make it through these tough times - and that Coby attaches even better because of it!!! Here's also praying that sweet, sweet sleep will come soon for you all!

Kristy said...

Praying for sleep and healing!!! They are both just beautiful.
Love and blessings, Kristy

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Oh no I will continue to pray big time!!!!! How scary for all of you.
Have a wonderful Christmas!! I'm so happy your little man if finally home.

taylorchloejake said...

Wow I step away from the computer for a few weeks and now you have your baby home! Awesome Congrats. Hope his head heals up soon!

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, hope all has healed!

I tagged you; another meme to do!

Merry Christmas,
Alyzabeth's Mommy of Three Months!
Forever Family Day 09/16/08

PandaMom said...

What and INCREDIBLY Merry Christmas for you all! ; )

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you made it home just in time to get him healthy for the holidays! We'll be thinking of your family in hopes that Coby has a speedy recovery!

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, Laura! I did not even know that was a symptom!! I will pray for healing for him, for sure.

 
Site Meter