Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hair

Annslee went with Daddy down to the neighbor's house to borrow a ladder~ he came back with the ladder but without Annslee : ) These are the neighbors who brought home the adorable Wendi from China in November (she just turned 3 in March) Coby was sleeping so Daddy cleaned gutters and I folded laundry(yeah, glamorous I know) Finally Coby awoke and we walked down to get Annslee. When I arrived I noticed Miss Jinni had braided her hair. When we were in China in 2005 it seems that all the girls had their hair in braids. I know it sounds crazy but seeing her with her hair like that..she just looked so Chinese : )

She loved it too!! She wouldn't let Jinni cut the ribbon so it was hanging between her braids. Isn't she a cutie!

DSC_1547

Zoo April 09

She came back inside and Coby couldn't resist that ribbon...he grabbed it...the braids fell out. I swear her hair is slick as glass and so I will have to practice braiding (hey Jinni is Chinese..she has worked with this type of hair all her life) Anyway, I couldn't get it back into the braids so she had to settle for piggies... this is how she felt about that : (

DSC_1552

After a few people told her how cute the piggies were she started feeling better LOL

16 comments:

Missy said...

She looks SO cute in braids and ponies!!! I just love that pouty face :) Hey, if you get this, could you bring those Matilda Jane items to church tomorrow? I want to get some pics with that cow hat and she needs the shirt while she can still wear it. Thanks girl! See ya in the am. Will lil bit be sporting braids???

my3 kids said...

Awe she sure does look cute in those braids....I have to admit when I started reading I was thinking she had cut her hair and I was feeling anxious as I read through..lol It was a nice surprise to see the braids. Annslee is such a cute little girl.

asiangard said...

LOL, pigtail braids are easier to do if you find it hard to do regular braids....although my kids unfortunately didn't inherent the lovely shiny Chinese hair, so it might be hard either way! lol
She looks so cute and that last picture, so funny!

Colleen said...

Oh, you are definitely going to have to learn how to do braids in her slippery hair. She is SO CUTE and look how pleased she is with them. Yep, better get practicing! ;)

Laura said...

So cute in both braids AND piggies! I love Annslee's expressions - she is just full of personality and life.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

The braids are just so adorable! I know what you mean about "looking Chinese." Sometimes when Olivia wears her hair differently or puts on a hat I say the same thing! :)
I love the last picture.

~Lynn

redmaryjanes said...

Oh goodness, the perils of being a big sister.
She is beautiful with any hairdo :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Those braids were adorable, but so are her piggies!! Maybe it was the pink ribbon that she loved so much? :)

Lauren's Nana said...

Such a sad, but cute face, you gotta get busy practicing mama... I see alot of braiding requests in your future:).

C's Mom said...

Awww....adorable in braids OR piggies.

Kate said...

She looks adorable in braids!

Patricia said...

LOVE the braids!! Pigtails too! And ponies, and straight & well, you get the idea! ;) No matter the 'do Miss A looks ADORABLE!

Sam said...

Here is a way to cheat - umm...a different way to do it. Put Annslee's hair in ponytails using thin disposable hair rubber bands (Wal-mart. 500 for $1.98). Braid the ponies, using more of the rubber bands at the bottom. Ready for the trick? Take a pair of nail scissors and cut the upper bands off.

Another hint is to braid "palms up". Most people braid with their palms turned to the floor. Braiding "palms up" gives a tighter braid. I know it feels weird at first, but it works!

BTW, tell Annslee that Kieren calls braids "butterflies". Annslee looks sweet in butterflies!!!

Dannye said...

i liked the braids, but loved the piggys, but hey Annslee looks good in everything!! Hope you're doing well

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

LOVE the braids!

Keisha said...

LOVE love the braids!! Try this next time you start to braid:
Molding wax by: fx special effects

I picked it up in Walmart! I LOVE this stuff! It keeps both of my girls hair in PLACE ALL DAY when I braid it! It also gives it a little shine!! No worries Anslee..I gotcha covered.. as for Coby.. he is SOOO a Boy!!! TEE HEE!!!! I love it! too cute!

 
Site Meter