Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

BLING!!

This is a post I thought I wouldn't do for another 4 years but here we go. I always said she could get her ears pierced when she turned 8 or when she asked to do it. They aren't my ears so I wanted it to be her decision and not mine. Well, for the past few weeks she wouldn't let me wear earrings without pitching a fit b/c she couldn't. I have looked for clip ones that are comfortable and not the Dis*ney giant ones with no luck. Then when her China Cousin JiaLi went for it I knew it was just a matter of time : ) Since Paige was with us today it seemed like the perfect time since she had a "big girl" along to hold her hand : )

Ear one

She chose her earrings~ October birthstone which luckily is also PINK : ) She was excited and nervous (bottom pic LOL)

Ear two

The bad part was only one person was working so we'd have to do one ear at a time...not what I was hoping for!

Ear 3

This pic cracks me up~~look how serious they both look~~ hey Annslee I'll hold your hand really tight but I will not sit down my Star*bucks~ oh yeah, and better you than me!

Ear 4

She held tight to the bear and Paige's hand and one ear was done

Ear 5

As you can see Coby was really concerned for his sister LOL

Ear 6

Now ear number 2 was a challenge as she knew what was coming. We had to just tell her it was going to happen as we were not cool enough to carry off the one ear look!!

Ear 7


ears 2 collage


SUCCESS!! She loved looking at them in every mirror and showing them off to anyone we saw in the mall

Ear nine

One more step towards growing up but I'm not worried b/c here is the conversation we had the other night:

Annslee: Mommy when I big like you I no move away

Mommy: Ok..do you want to just buy the house next door?

A: NO, I live here..baby Coby too...whole flamly

M: What if Coby wants to move away?

A: I tell him no you stay here with big siswa Annslee.. I no move away like Daddy did from Gigi! Where she live?

M: Charlotte

A: I no like Charlotte... I miss my Gigi... I no move from my mommy like daddy!!

M: Ok baby

A: When I big like you...you still call me your Baby??

M: Absolutely..you are my baby forever and ever!!


Yeah, earrings and all she is still my baby!!

27 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh my word, what a brave girl she is. Lauren has not asked at all about ear piercing yet :)

Such a sweet conversation also.

Stacie said...

Lauren just came in and looked at the pics and said " I don't want to do that, it will hurt" HA

Missy said...

Ooooohhhh SO sweet!!! Such a big, beautiful girl!!! Paige came home and immediately told me all about it and she kept saying, "I am so proud of Annslee. She was so brave. I wouldn't have been that brave" :) I can't wait to see them!!! Wanna come swimming this week?

Kim said...

SOOOOOO CUTE...
She did a great job...
Love the photos..
Have a great day..

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that brave little four year old did not even cry! Linlee would have shrieked her brains out. Glad she was so pleased with her pretty earrings. What a girly girl.

And what a VERY sweet conversation.

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

I could literally die of preciousness right now.

Johnny said...

Awwww, sweet.

Marla said...

Awwwww, what a big girl, she looks precious! And that conversation was adorable. She is such a sweetie.

redmaryjanes said...

It does smart, but she looks so happy to have her ears pierced!
I just can't believe how big Coby is getting, he looks so cute!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The picture of them holding hands is worth a thousand words.....oh my gosh, SO CUTE!! What a brave little girl.....I bet she is loving her new bling:)

Lisa

Nicki said...

I feel your pain, I truly do. I was totally going to wait until Addy was like a teen and make a huge deal but she asked for months and months and we finally caved this past summer. I haven't regretted it, she still adores them. But it does break my heart a little. Thankfully, like Annslee, Addy likes to remind me that she's still and will always be my baby. So sweet.

Beth said...

Wow! She didn't even cry!! And I agree... the picture of Annslee and Paige holding hands is too cute!!

Marla said...

What a big girl! Glad she had Paige to hold her hand. Adalyn got hers pierced about a month ago but she cried. :o(

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my goodness, that scrunched up face is the cutest!! How great that Paige could be there to be her rock. I love how serious Annslee looks in the picture of the two of them holding hands.

Susan said...

What a big girl! I really love the fact that you were able to get so many great photos of the big event.

I'm saying the same thing you were. When Petunia's ready and asks... Well, she's been telling me every day for the past 2 or 3 weeks she wants earrings, but I'm pretty positive she won't let anyone pierce her ears. She's very weird about her ears. If she were as brave as Annslee, though, I wouldn't have any hesitation.

Annslee looks darling with her little earrings. I'm so proud of her for going through with getting that second ear done. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Annslee, you look soooo beautiful with your new earrings. And you are such a big girl---I was 12 when I got my ears pierced and I still cried a little bit!

And I agree you should never move away from Mommy and Daddy. In fact, I think you should just tell Gigi to come live here too! : )

I told Tyler that we were going to come swimming with you and Coby soon--he was very excited! Can't wait to see you again soon.

Keisha said...

What a Brave little girl!!
Those a Great Annslee!! Pink and all!!!

Sherry said...

Awww... big girl! Such an exciting day! She did so good:) Daddy should be thankful she's not an April birthday (diamonds... hehe!)

Courtney said...

Great post. I love the pics of the second piercing, her expression is priceless!

Shelly and Family said...

Oh - I love them! Francesca got hers done a few months ago after begging me to take her! She wasn't too happy when she got them done but now she is loving them!

Cinnamon said...

How excitng! We have been asking Jade to get her ears pierced and she says, "No". lol! That conversation about not moving away is too funny.

Terry said...

Very Cute post! I just love the facial expressions. Great shots Mom! The girls are so cute when they accessorizzzze, it all must match! Oh Boy, it's fun!! :-)

Kelly Sullivan said...

Love the conversation you two had....makes me want to cry. Our baby girls will always be our baby girls, won't they?

Maria said...

I've figured out why I love your blog so much: you give my beautiful glimpses into what my life is going to be like in a few years. I LOVE reading about the girly stuff A. does and her fun conversations!!

Lina said...

The earrings look great - what a brave girl! The look of concern on Coby's face is just precious.

Chandra said...

Oh my goodness! I can't get over how grown up she looks these days, especially now with her ears pierced! Looks like she was very brave.

We're definitely coming up on the 13th, can't wait to meet you guys!

Sue said...

She looks gorgeous!!! Hooray for her being ready to get them pierced! What a sweetie!

 
Site Meter