Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 05, 2009

6 months ago today

we walked into a very hot room in an orphanage on the other side of the world and met our son!! He was being bathed by one of the nannies in preparation of our arrival and he met us with a big grin. I also remember Annslee screaming "my baby brother" over and over as she was soooo excited too.


DSC_6034



Finally a family of four! Please excuse how we look..after 30+ hours of flying and airports we literally brushed our teeth, changed clothes and went straight to the orphanage.



DSC_6045



She couldn't take her eyes or hands off of him. We loved seeing our two kids together at last.



A & C



About 3 hours after arriving in Sai*gon we were at our G&R~ I wonder in this pic if he is looking at the Minister of Justice thinking "are you sending me home with these crazy people??" LOL Oh, and of course Annslee had to sign "paperwork" too : )



DSC_6125



Our family with the orphanage director


DSC_6131



Annslee took to the big sister role immediately and with joy!



DSC_6152



Our sweet sweet baby~ I sometimes forget how tiny he was! What a blessing he has been for all of us!



DSC_6149



Now, six months later he is a sweet, loving, happy and WILD boy who we can't imagine our lives without! He can say "Mama, Dada, NaNa (Annslee's nickname), bye bye, light, touchdown (with his arms raised of course), uh oh (he drops stuff a lot), and other things I am sure I am forgetting. He is super smart and will repeat and mimic anything we do~ he currently is trying to snap his fingers, whistle and wink ; ) He loves giving and receiving kisses and eats anything we put in front of him. We can't believe how much he has changed in 6 short months.

We are BLESSED to have him in our family~ we hear all the time how lucky he and Annslee are but we know that we are definitely the lucky ones!

17 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow...the first one to comment...really??? LOL He IS such a blessing. I can't wait to hold him and squeeze this little guy in person! I always knew Annslee would be the greatest big sister and she is! What a perfect family from a perfect God!

Much Ado said...

Wow, 6 months already!!! The time just flies, it seems like just a few weeks ago!!

What a blessing indeed!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my I can't believe it's been 6 months already! He's grown and changed so much already. Your family is just precious!

~Lynn

Keisha said...

Wow! Look how he's grown! It doesn't seem like 6mths ago... seems like you've had him all along. :)

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 6 months! I agree, you're one lucky Mama!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats on 6 months together! And Annslee looks like a VERY conscientious big sister. Poor little guy will have a difficult time getting away with anything in high school.

Marla said...

Happy six months! Great post.

Lauren's Nana said...

I remember the first time we saw his face at Stacie's:). He has changed so much and is such a beautiful happy sweet boy. You are all so blessed.

Stacie said...

Such a cutie, 6 months has flown by :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy 6 Months....it seems like yesterday, doesn't it!! You are certainly blessed:)

Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa

Heidi said...

Time flies so fast, doesn't it. We were just looking at early pictures of Sam and can't believe how different he is, yet it just feels like yesterday we were in Vietnam! I love hearing the updates about Coby. He does sound smart!

Chandra said...

Congrats on hitting the 6 month mark! I can't believe how much your little guy has changed. Getting more and more handsome all the time!

Can't wait to meet you guys next weekend! I'll let you know as soon as a park is decided on. If you have any ideas, email me!

asiangard said...

WOW! I know Mimi is six months and you left around the time she ws born.
He looks sooooooooooo much better, what a difference love and family make!

Tammy said...

How sweet! You are truly blessed. But it will be even sweeter when he can say "Go Vols!"

Missy said...

Wow, time sure does go by so quickly!!! What a little blessing Coby is to you all and to all that know him. Annslee is the most incredible big sister. I couldn't imagine a more perfect fit for your family...isn't it amazing how that always works? Love you guys and can't wait to get together soon.

Sue said...

Awww..can't believe it's been 6 months! (and I know you can't!) What a happy, healthy guy he is. And you know what? You are all lucky to have each other!!!

Patricia said...

Congratulations on your happy 6 months with sweet, beautiful Coby!!

On the one hand wow, I can't believe it's been 6 months already...on the other hand, I feel like you have always been this beautiful family of 4!

Here's to MANY more happy days ahead!

 
Site Meter