Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

One year ago today

I was driving home from the beach praying for my phone to ring. We had been waiting on our referral from Vietnam for 20 long months and as some of you know we weren't sure it would come at all. Referrals would stop on September 1st and our agency was hoping our child's paperwork would clear in time but that was only 2 weeks away. I was exhausted and Annslee was totally over being in her carseat for hours. My phone rang, it was Therese and we had a BOY!!! I slept soundly that night for the first time in months.

I wrote HERE all about that night if you want to read it all again : )

As per our tradition with Annslee I had to snap some pics of Coby with his referral picture. I will warn you that he was snotty and covered in rashes and honestly it is not a good picture at all. However, the minute we pulled it up on the computer we were in love!!

The picture he is holding was taken on Aug 10, 2008~ amazing how different he looks one year later!!

DSC_8081

Referral Anniv Coby

He has the biggest smile I have ever seen~ you can see his molars : )

DSC_8074

He is our sweet boy and we love him to the moon and back!!

"Having someplace to go is Home,
having someone to love is Family,
having both is a Blessing"

23 comments:

Marla said...

Awwwwww, happy referral day to your sweetie!!! He is so stinking cute and WOW @ how much he's changed.

Stacie said...

I remember that night well :)

He's such a cute little man

Anonymous said...

Happy Referral day!!! Love is big smile!

Becky said...

Happy referral day! Coby is such a cutie!!

~Isabel said...

I can't believe it's been a year!

Happy, Happy Referral Day, Coby and Family!

I love the photo of him looking at his photo....those photos are too dang cute!

GGAdventures said...

Happy Referral Day! What a cutie!

Beth said...

Is is SO adorable!!! What a sweetie.

QingLu Mama said...

How very sweet.
So glad Coby got home where he belongs!
He sure is one cutie pie!

Happy referral day!

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary - I remember crying and crying as I read that post, so glad you were able to get the referral before the dreaded date!

Lisa L said...

I can't believe it's been a year. I have to tell you that you were referred the cutest little boy in the world that day. He is sooooo adorable!

Lauren's Nana said...

I remember that night as well and was so happy I got to be a part of that happy occasion:).
He is just too cute!!

Heather said...

I'm having such a hard time believing it has been a whole year!! Feels like yesterday!

He is such a handsome young man!! And what an adorable sister he has :)

Blessings to you as you celebrate!

Love,
Heather

Mamatini said...

Wow, already a year?? Congratulations!

And I love that boy's smile!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it's been a year already--but then again, it feel like Coby has always been here! I can't get over how different he looks now--such a cutie pie. I loved those beach pics--can't wait to see more. I'll have to find out how he liked it. We are going in September but leaving Tyler here with my parents--we're terrible! : )

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

I was thinking about you the other day... remembering that you got the call on your way home from the beach (and that you stopped to see Lauren and family).... I and was thinking: Seesh, a year already!!!!

It is amazing how some lov'n can really change one's looks!

Now I gotta ask: Is it possible that you're giving that boy too much lov'n? I mean, he is TOO cute!!! Seriously, I know I've said it before, but I think he might be too cute for his own good! Dangerously Cute.

Missy said...

We love you, Coby!!! Happy Referral Anniversary to one of the cutest little men we know!

redmaryjanes said...

Look at how beautiful and healthy he looks now. Congratulations!

Kelli said...

Aw, happy referral day! I remember that day as I was so anxiously waiting for mine. Congratulations on this special day- he has come a long way!!

Susan said...

One year DOES make all the difference in the world. Happy anniversary to all of you. Coby is definitely a perfect fit for the family. His smile is gorgeous!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I remember every step Laura and what a blessing he is to you and your family. He has changed so much in one year hasn't he? He is going to be one exhausted boy trying to keep up with Annslee!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy Referral Day! I can't believe it's already been a year...

Special K said...

What a year for your family! Coby is just absolutely adorable.
Happy Family Day!

Lizanne Speligene said...

I can't believe its been a year --- and to remember how long you guys waited and waited to hold him in your arms. God is so good. I love your blog-----such fabulous beach photos!!

 
Site Meter