Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

An unexpected playdate

We had talked about going to see Clifford today but weren't really sure we wanted to endure the crowd especially after the eye poking CG incident LOL I got a call from my friend Tara wanting to do something this morning so we went to see that dog afterall. Annslee LOVED him but Tara's son Aidan wasn't so sure about him ~hence no pic of them : )




We then ran over to the mall and ate at the food court ~ they were such good eaters we treated them to ice cream!





I think they enjoyed it!



No trip to the mall is complete without a visit to the play area. Annslee loved balancing on this ladybug. At one point Aidan came over and pushed her off and she was NOT happy about it. I told her that she is a year older than he is and she needs to be patient and set a good example by NOT pushing back~



I don't think she liked my idea ~ yeah, all of you who talk about how happy and smiley and sweet she always is....well, take a look at that face! (that is Tara in the background laughing at our crazy kids)



As you can see her sassy attitude didn't slow her down a bit!



*We saw quite a few adoptive families today. That in itself is not very unusual but it was interesting that we (Annslee and I ) were the "minority". Most of the adoptive families we see have children from China but today we met 3 families with S. Korean children and one with a son from Japan. Maybe it is because Aidan is from S. Korea so we were "attracting" those families LOL

22 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a fun play date!

mommy24treasures said...

oh my what a look!!!!
Looks like a really fun day. The icecream must have been extra yummy. Those are awful big smiles.
Have fun tomorrow! I want pics of all the hugs Anslee lays on everyone! ;)

Anonymous said...

*L* She sure can give a dirty look when she wants to! Looks like they had a lot of fun though.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Annslee's "I'm not amused look" is a RIOT! You must totally crack up whenever she does that!

Looks like the kids had a fun play date!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love that look! She is even cute as a bug when she is mad!!!

She cracks me up!

day by day said...

Those are great pictures with Clifford!!!

My girls would have been with Aidan...they are afraid of all the costumes/characters that we go to see.

OH MY #6 said...

fun day! but, that look was so funny!

lea

Kim said...

How fun....
Love Clifford...
Looks like the kids had a lot of fun...
Have a Great Day..

Marla said...

Looks like fun! I love her mad look, too funny!! :)

redmaryjanes said...

LOVE the 'sassy' girl face!!

Anonymous said...

Aidan sure is a cutie! Looks like you guys had fun. Nice to see another boy in the mix

Mommy Spice said...

We love those play areas at the mall. We have a good friend here with a daughter from S. Korea. Despite the minor disagreement, looks like they had a great time.

Laura Nipper said...

Awe she still looks sweet! Got to love the mall for play time.

Nikki said...

How fun! Of course Annslee loved Clifford - looks like he gives good hugs!

She and Aiden are very cute together...love all of the pictures. But the one where she is glaring with her leg up on the toy is my FAVORITE! I'm still laughing at that one! Love that girl.

Denise C said...

What a very special outing you all had with sweet friends!!! These pictures are fabulous...and I agree with Nikki....Miss Annslee is just darling in that "serious" pose!!
Sweet Blessings to you!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Too too funny!

~Lynn

Michelle said...

As always joy and fun leaping of the pages here!

Lisa L said...

Oh my! I need to wipe off my computer screen. I just spewed Coke Zero when I saw 'the look'.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What fun!! Annslee is doing great with her printing...

Martha said...

luv the mean face .... call or email us sometime and we'll join you for story time or play time.

purple roses? saw those on your earlier post ... never heard of them. those probably took some work to find .... i'll have to remember that for some point in the future if Zoe is crazy for purple. :)

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

She does have The Look mastered! I'm laughing out loud here!

What a fun day!

Sherry said...

Sounds like you need 1 little Taiwanese boy mixed into that play date to me! LOL! When can we come? Hahaha... Love the "sassy" face:)

 
Site Meter